Need like, the easiest Thanksgiving recipe ever? Well, this one is just that. Less than 5 ingredients and packed full of flavor because anything with bacon and balsamic in it tastes like heaven, am I right?
On Thanksgiving day we already have enough slaving to do in the kitchen.. so this side dish will be perfect to make your day a little easier, but still packed full of flavor! Enjoy!
- 6 strips bacon
- 16 oz. green beans, trimmed and rinsed (I prefer Hericots Verts)
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add bacon pieces and fry until cooked through and slightly crisp.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add the green beans into the skillet with the bacon and bacon fat. Saute for about 5-7 minutes, seasoning lightly with salt and pepper, until the green beans are slightly tender (but not soggy).
- Pour in the balsamic vinegar and saute for 2 minutes more, so that the balsamic reduces and coats the green beans.
- Serve and enjoy!