Memorial Day is just around the corner and these are the perfect bite size delicious snacks to the occasion! Perfect to pack if you’re headed to the lake or if you’re just hanging out by the pool! Everyone is sure to loveee these bad boys!
- 4 organic boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce (we love Bella’s Sweet & Thick)
- 2 packages bacon, each piece cut in half (we love Pederson’s Sugarless Bacon)
*Side note: if you are prepping these they day before, we recommend you wrap the chicken in the bacon, spread out on a cooking sheet and seal tightly with saran wrap then keep in a refrigerator. When you are ready to cook remove the chicken from fridge and bring to room temperature. Then, while your oven preheats, brush both sides of chicken with half of your BBQ sauce. When the cooking time is done and before serving, brush the remainder of the BBQ sauce on the chicken.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. Cut into 1 inch cubes. Place in a large bowl and lightly season with salt and pepper. Pour 1/2 cup bbq sauce over chicken cubes and toss to coat evenly. Set aside for about 15 minutes (or longer for even more flavor) to marinate.
3. Soak your toothpicks in water while the chicken is marinating.
4. Wrap marinated chicken with a half a piece of bacon. Secure with toothpick.
5. Place bacon wrapped chicken on a baking sheet with a large piece of parchment paper.
6. Bake in oven for 25 minutes, turning chicken bites halfway through time.