Chimichurri sauce just never gets old to my husband and I. We make it regularly and have found so many fun ways to enjoy it! Our most favorite way is this Grilled Rack of Lamb with Mint Chimichurri recipe. I also love to make these Greek Lamb Meatballs and dunk them in mint chimichurri. If you aren’t into the mint chimichurri (but I highly urge you to try it even if you don’t think you will like it) then try this more traditional chimichurri sauce recipe of mine. Either way, you can’t go wrong.
Argentinians are known for their delicious steak marinade, grilling, and chimichurri sauce. This is a marinade we have come up with to mimic their delicious steaks and we could drink it.
For a Gameday friendly version of this, slice it thin and serve it in tortillas with the mint chimichurri. It’s to die for!
- 4 lbs. Flank, skirt or flap meat
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- juice of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Season steak all over generously with kosher salt and black pepper. Then the cumin and the oregano.
- Pour olive oil over and toss until it is evenly coated.
- Squeeze lemon and lime juice over, toss again.
- Cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours--but preferably all day or even overnight!
- Grill until cooked to your liking, let rest for 10 minutes. Slice thinly and drizzle with Mint Chimichurri (or any chimichurri sauce). Enjoy!