- Two sisters giving you the dish about their food, fitness and a jumble of other happy and healthy lifestyle tips. more...
Filed In: Products We Love
Have you ever heard of e3live? Well, if not, let us give you a little rundown on what it is, why we use it, and how we use it daily.
I want to start off by saying that this is NOT a sponsored post. Just something I love and that works for me and so I thought I’d share a little about it with you!
WHAT IS E3 LIVE?
First off, E3LIVE serious superfood that is so super healthy for you!
Let’s get scientific for just a minute,
“E3Live is 100% Aphanizomenon flos-aquae blue-green algae (AFA for short)—a certified organic wild-harvested Nutrient Dense AquaBotanical™ considered by renowned health authorities to be nature’s most beneficial superfood. Our E3Live AFA is a non-GMO Heirloom variety. E3Live is the frozen/liquid form of AFA, which is superior to all other forms of AFA. E3Live is the only company to offer AFA in this fresh-frozen form…Nutritionally, E3Live provides over 65 vitamins, minerals, amino acids and essential fatty acids.** It is the most nutrient dense food known to mankind.* E3Live is a gift of nature, a miracle food.”
WHY I TAKE E3LIVE:
I am no scientist, but from reading and learning more about nutrition over the years, it is my understanding that even if we eat our greens the way that we should, we still need to get more greens in our body. Even if we eat delicious, organic greens, they are just not as nutritiously potent as they were decades ago due to the way that way farm and soil depletion. For that reason, I like to ensure that I get tons of the disease fighting, health stimulating nutrients–which is where e3live comes into play.
“A Kushi Institute analysis of nutrient data from 1975 to 1997 found that average calcium levels in 12 fresh vegetables dropped 27 percent; iron levels 37 percent; vitamin A levels 21 percent, and vitamin C levels 30 percent.” — Scientific American
Long story short, I struggle with anxiety and I have a holistic doctor that recommended I start taking E3Live Brain On daily, (“E3Live + BrainON is for anyone who wishes to balance mood and increase concentration while functioning at a higher level”). Honestly, I have noticed a decrease in my anxiety and my overall health. 5 thumbs up!!!
Some benefits of e3live may include:
- Increased energy, vitality and endurance
- Support of a healthy mood balance and ability to manage everyday stress
- Support of healthy intestinal and digestive systems
- Faster recovery time after exercise
- Restored overall biochemical balance
- Long-lasting energy boost
- Support for a healthy immune system
- Support of healthy skin, nails, and hair
HOW I TAKE IT DAILY:
I purchase my E3live on their website in a pack of 6 (the brainon costs $174 and the regular $142). It is delivered to your doorstep frozen. I immediately put 5 of the bottles in the freezer for later but leave one out on the counter to thaw. Once thawed, I immediately pour it into my little ice cube tray and pop that in the freezer so that I have individual serving sizes to use daily!
Typically, I just pop one of the ice cubes in a cup of filtered ice water with a ton of fresh squeezed lemon, some fresh mint (if I have it) and a dash of cayenne! Talk about a real detox drink right there!! If I am making a smoothie, I will pop one or two cubes into my smoothie (I sneak them into my kids smoothies, too). You can also just thaw out an individual ice cube and take a little daily health shot! I don’t really like to take a shot of it because the taste isn’t so great but, I will when I don’t feel like making my detox drink!
I am sharing this because this is something that has worked for me. Do your research on e3live, they have tons of information on their website. Read all about it and you decide for yourself if you think that this is something that can benefit you!
Write a review
- 4-8 ounces of hot coffee
- 1/2 scoop collagen peptides
- 1/2 tbsp ghee (or grass-fed butter)
- 1 tbsp Bulletproof brain octane (or coconut oil)
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate protein powder
- a few shakes of cinnamon or pumpkin spice seasoning
- Combine all ingredients to blender. Blend until smooth. Top with a sprinkle of cinnamon or pumpkin spice seasoning. ENJOY!
The Defined Dish http://www.thedefineddish.com/
Have you ever tried bulletproof coffee?! It’s black coffee mixed with grass-fed butter or ghee and Braine Octane oil- an extract of coconut oil. I love making bulletproof coffee before an early morning workout. I’m getting protein, healthy fats, energy and a little something to fill me up. My husband is loving this recipe, too! If you don’t have all these ingredients then have fun with it because the possibilities with bulletproof coffee are endless! Also, I’m obsessing over my new Healthy Human tumbler. Comes with a little steel straw so it’s great for on-the-go and protecting your teeth.
Brain Octane: distilled from 100% pure coconut oil. Get your energy from healthy fat, not sugar! This bad boy helps the body to burn fat that’s why I love this blend before a workout.
Vital Proteins: I pretty much love everything about this company. You can’t go wrong with any of their products but the two I used are my favorites. I add them both to all my smoothies and now my coffee! Even when you are just making a regular cup of coffee try adding the collagen peptides. They have no flavor but are packed with protein for your hair, skin and joints. They even make them in individual packs for on-the-go!
Chances are, you are familiar with The Skinny Confidential. If you aren’t yet, than do like us and stalk her hard…like right now. To say that we are fans would be an understatement! We have been loyal fans for awhile now and you’ll see why once you start following her.
Everything TSC is fantastic in our book! We love her, her blog, the him/her podcasts she does with her husband, and her snapchats (our fave) are hysterical and SO imformative for health and beauty freaks like us. We even follow her hilarious (and also inspirational) hubby on snapchat!! Yep, we are that big of fans. No shame!
We reached out to Lauryn a few weeks back to let her know how much we love her content and to send her some of our recipes because we knew they were right up her alley: lots of spicy, lots of healthy! To our excitement, she wants to feature THREE of our recipes in the Nutrition section of her Bombshell Body Guide! OMG!
Lauryn also asked us to do a review of her Bombshell Body Guide for you guys! We are members now and are LOVING it. We are going to outline the details of the BBG and provide our feedback on the fitness/nutrition guide. We hope you challenge yourselves, try it out, and join us as we BBG it up!
WHAT’S THE BOMBSHELL BODY GUIDE?
The TSC Bombshell Body Guide is a full fledged nutrition and fitness plan, with a community included. But first you must become a member (check out member options and details HERE). Basically, Lauryn (alongside celebrity trainer, Jamie McFaden) is like your virtual trainer/nutritionist. She, and other members, can connect with you via the TSC chat room. You can ask questions, share opinions, exchange recipes, etc. etc. It’s pretty awesome. Now, let’s break it down: we are talking details on the fitness and the food below.
Once you are a BBG member, you’ll have access to two 28 week workout plans that will whip your ass into shape! Lauryn also shares her *new* 7 day meal plan aka her “shredding for the wedding” food guide that breaks down exactly what she ate for a week straight to be in tip top shape for her upcoming wedding. In her Workout Library, we love that we can find specific exercises based on problem areas. For us, our lower body is our toughest to tone, so having her specific exercises to target our booty and legs is fantastic! Her step-by-step photos are super easy to follow, and WOW talk about a butt burner!
Madison is a trainer and we workout a ton. We know a lot about fitness and we love how straightforward, simple, yet challenging her workouts are. You can do these all from home! All you need is a set of 5 lb. dumbbells and a chair/bench! These are 27 minute workouts, three days a week, that are quick & will tone you up FAST. As a busy mom and a working millennial, we are ALL about that!
In the nutrition section, Lauryn shares her favorite recipes and a few guest blogger recipes like ours! You’ll find meal plans and recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks and even cocktails (cheers!). All are everyday recipes that don’t require a ton of time and use minimal ingredients which, as y’all know, is totally our thing! We can’t wait to try her Skinny Michelada Recipe and this Spicy Brussel Sprout Salad shown in these photos, yes please!!
We’ve already tried some recipes and love them! Some of our favorites? The TSC Pink Detox Drink and the 3 ingredient pancakes. SO GOOD. As we mentioned before, 3 of our recipes will be featured in the nutrition portion of the BBG. So keep an eye out for them 🙂
In conclusion, we are loving the BBG and are actually using her workouts right now and are seeing results. It’s nice to have an outside source show you some new moves/workout plans because we are totally guilty of doing the same workouts every week and have started to get bored/stopped seeing results. No bueno. We encourage you to join with us and become members, plus go checkout our recipes on her nutrition portion! So fun for us!
*All of the photos featured in this post are not our own, they are from the TSC Bombshell Body Guide*
Whether your mom is super stylish, a workout chick, or a foodie, we’ve got just the right Mother’s Day gift to put a big smile on her face. A special gift is a great way to say “Thank You” for all that she has done (and still does) for you!
1. This S’Well water bottle is no joke. Made with stainless steal in order to keep drinks cold for up to 24 hours and hot for up to 12. This takes your water bottle to a whole new level, stylish and beneficial!
2. The Green Pan is something that Alex and I seriously can’t get enough of! We should be their spokeswomen because we are obsessed and talk about it way to much! It’s the only pan we use and they are produced without toxic chemicals. Plus, they’re oven safe and super easy to clean. Go ahead and order both you and your mom one from Amazon, trust me on this one!
3. A Fitbit had to be on this gift guide because everyone should have one. My favorite is the HR charge because it also tracks your heart rate. So when I am doing pilates, strength training, etc it will still track my calories. I refuse to let any of those calories I burn go uncounted!
4. Soludos offers the most adorable ‘smoking slippers’. This has been my go-to gift for all my girlfriends and family. I just gave my mother-in-law the flamingo ones and she LOVES them. They have TONS of different styles and aren’t too pricey.
5. This Zella wrap front top is perfect for your mom to throw over a tank after yoga or while hanging out around the house!
7. Jo Malone offers the candles of all candles. I am obsessed with all her scents but my favorite has to be the Orange Blossom.
8. We love a good cookbook but this one has been one of our favorite’s lately. If your Mom likes to host parties or social gatherings then this is perfect for her. It features small bites and fingerfoods for entertaining, yum! Oh, and the pictures are gorgeous!
9. Alex bought me a Natori robe as a wedding gift and I pretty much live in it. It’s so cute but more importantly is the comfort. It’s a kimono style robe that any Mom would love. They aren’t super expensive but they also aren’t cheap so this could be something that you and your siblings could go in on together. They have lots of print/color options so you can pick the one that fits your Momma’s style.
Okay, we all know how hard it can be to eat healthy when you are in a huge rush with a million things to do. Between kids, work, fitness, etc it can be really hard to make good food choices. Especially during the Whole 30 challenge. I’ve put together a list of my favorite go-to meals or snacks when you’re in a time crunch. Below, I’ve listed why I love each one of these whole 30 approved products! I’d love for you to share some of your favorite go-to whole 30 packaged products in the comments! I’m always looking for new ways to change it up!
1) Tunnino– Okay, this stuff is amazing. I ALWAYS have these in the pantry for a quick lunch or dinner when the fridge is empty or I’m just too lazy to cook. I’ll put it on top of a bed of spinach or over some raw zoodles. Or, just eat it straight of the jar (no judgement, I’ve totally done this.. more than once). The tuna is soaked in olive oil so it pretty much acts as a dressing when over veggies. The kick of jalapeño is what I love most. If you aren’t into spicy, they offer them in all sorts of yummy flavors but this is definitely my fav! I’ve found them at Central Market and Whole Foods but you could also order them online!
2) RX Bars– These things honestly get me through whole30. I usually only have them on the way to a very early workout when I don’t want to fix a full on breakfast before. The only thing you need to be careful about is eating these to satisfy your sweet tooth. Even though they are compliant, that doesn’t mean they should be used as a snack when you really aren’t even hungry. They sell a whole30 approved combo pack on their website or you can buy the individual flavors on amazon.
3) Artisana Raw Almond Butter– Individual butter packets are my jam. There are tons of different butters that are whole 30 approved, this is just one of many that I love. These work as a great post workout snack or bring them along to work with some celery or an apple and load it on top!
4) Bone Broth– We love making our own bone broth but when you don’t have time this bone broth is so good! I found mine at Whole Foods the other week and I’ve been obsessed ever since.
5) La Croix– water is great (obviously) but sometimes you need a little flavor to change things up. This flavor is my favorite cause it only has a tiny lemon taste!
6) Epic Bars– These aren’t for everyone but I freaking love them. They have tons of whole30 approved flavors, too. I’ve found them at Central Market and Whole Foods. Next time you’re at the store, grab one and try it out. Packed with protein and really fills you up.
7) Trader Joe’s Individual Nut Pack– I’m gonna be honest, I don’t have enough self control to only have a few nuts if a whole jar or bag is out. These keep me honest and control my portions! They have tons of different combinations of nuts so make sure you buy the whole 30 ones!
8) GT Kombucha– Not all kombucha’s are whole30 but GT’s brand is and they are so tasty. I like to have one of these over ice with a wedge of lime while I’m on the whole30 and with friends who are drinking. It gives me something to sip on with some flavor. The perfect “mocktail”.
9-10) Sweet Mini Bell Peppers- Dip them in the Wholly Avocado for lunch as a side with your protein. Perfect to take to work! I love buying the avocado dip at Cosco because they sell them in a 3 pack!