Have you guys ever heard of Chermoula? It is a fabulous Moroccan sauce made with fresh herbs, garlic, lemon, and warm spices. It makes a great marinade or finishing sauce for meat and seafood. I recently served it over some grilled steak and I was in heaven. The flavors are just fantastic.
My husband and I are known to be Chimichurri addicts and we make this chimichurri on the regular when we are grilling. I finally told my husband we needed to branch out a bit and try something new, yet still filled with lots of herbs so I gave Chermoula a try and we loved it!
Next time you do your summer grill and want to amplify the flavors a bit, throw this chermoula on your grilled meat or seafood
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley (packed)
- 1 cup cilantro leaves (packed)
- 2 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- Place the parsley and cilantro leaves in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add the cumin seeds and toast until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the toasted cumin seeds and the remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend until just combined.
- Marinate meat or seafood or use as a sauce on top of grilled steak or seafood! Enjoy!