I cannot even believe that the “end of summer” is creeping up on us! Oh how the joyous summer season always flies by! I just cannot get enough of summer produce…Zucchini, Squash, and summer tomatoes FOR DAYS. I literally eat each of those items at least once a week all summer long. So good! After a trip to the farmers market this week and stocking up on some of my favorite summer produce, I came up with this simple, yet filled with flavor, one pan meal! My husband and I loved it! It is definitely one that I will add to my rotation (even with out of season zucchini and squash!) But make it now so it tastes even better than ever!
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1 squash, sliced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 5 baby bella mushrooms, stem removed then sliced
- Montreal Steak Seasoning, to taste
- 7 Asparagus spears, rough ends removed and discarded, then cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 heaping tbsp. of freshly chopped basil
- 2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley
- 1 heaping tbsp. freshly chopped mint
1. Rinse and pat dry chicken breasts. Dice the chicken breasts into 1/2 inch chunks.
2. Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add diced chicken, and season generously with montreal steak seasoning (or just use salt, pepper, and a little crushed red pepper). Saute seasoned chicken breasts for about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the chopped garlic and all of the veggies, with 1 extra tbsp. of olive oil. Saute for 3 minutes, then add the lemon juice. Continue to saute until zucchini and asparagus is tender, about 5 more minutes.
4. Add fresh herbs and saute for 2 more minutes. Taste, add more montreal steak seasoning to taste. Serve and enjoy!