When I first heard about cauliflower “rice” I was a little skeptical. How can cauliflower be as satisfying or somewhat the same as rice? Well, I was seriously mistaken, this stuff is so yummy and so easy to make! The only thing that you have to have is a food processor. It’s such a great option for a lightened up and way healthier version of rice. And it’s whole 30, paleo, and gluten free. Now that I am fond of Cauliflower “rice”, my creative juices are flowing!! Next up? Cauliflower Fried “Rice”! Hope you guys are as excited as I am for that one!
Ingredients: Serves 6-8
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/2 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- juice of 1 large lime or 2 small limes
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. ghee
- salt and pepper, to taste
1. Chop or pull off the leaves and cut the cauliflower into large florets, then rinse with water in a strainer. Leave the florets in strainer to dry or pat dry with paper towel. Now break your florets into even smaller pieces.
2. Place half of your cauliflower pieces into the bowl of your food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Take that rice out and place the remaining cauliflower into the processor and pulse.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat with olive oil, ghee and minced garlic. Once hot (about 2 minutes) add the cauliflower rice, cilantro and lime juice. Cook for about 8-10 minutes or until the cauliflower begins to turn golden. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.