Want to seriously impress your dinner guests with a fresh, super fancy yet easy to make dish? How about you try this foolproof foil wrapped citrus and herb salmon– it is even more delicious than it looks!
Ingredients (serves 3):
- 18 oz. of wild-caught Salmon
- 1 orange
- 1/4 red onion, cut into thick slices
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 heaping tbsp. of fresh chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp. fresh chopped dill
- a tiny pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp. of lemon zest (the zest of about 1/2 a lemon)
- 2 large sheets of foil (about 15-18 inch sheets, each)
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place a large sheet of foil (about 15-18 inch sheet) over a cooking sheet. Slice orange into rounds, you should get 5-6 rounds. Place the sliced orange and sliced red onion on top of the foil.
In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, minced garlic, crushed red pepper, lemon zest, parsley, and dill.
Place the Salmon over the orange and red onion slices. Now, using a kitchen brush, brush on the herbed olive oil concoction all over the salmon. Next, season the salmon with salt and pepper, to taste.
Top with the other piece of foil and roll up all of the sides.
Place on center rack of oven and bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 5 minutes before tearing open the foil. (Your fish should be firm but flaky, pale pink on the outside and a slightly brighter pink in the center. If you are uncertain whether your fish is cooked, pop it back in the oven for a few more minutes.)
Serve and enjoy!