This sweet treat was inspired by one of my favorite things in life…bulletproof coffee. Each morning, I add 1 tsp. of Fourth & Heart Vanilla Ghee and 1 tsp. Nutiva Coconut Manna to my cup of coffee and blend until it is frothy. I just love it so much.
I am also NOT a baker. Like at all. I have zero patience for it plus, just not much of a sweet tooth to be quite honest. But freezer fudge is fun for me. It’s easy to make, uses only a few ingredients, it’s super delicious and my favorite part about it? It’s really satisfying. One square of this fudge really fills you up. It’s high in healthy fats, which really curbs your sweet tooth and makes you not so hungry.
I am also doing an awesome giveaway this week over on Instagram of my favorite knife… this Zwilling Oak 8″ Chefs knife. I have a few knives, but this one is by far my favorite so I am very thrilled to share it will you. Be sure to head over to Instagram and enter, and double points if you comment in this blog post!
I love keeping things like this in my freezer for when my sweet tooth kicks in! I hope you enjoy it, too!
- Heat a small saucepan of water over medium heat.
- Place a glass bowl over the pot of hot water (or use a double boiler). Gently melt the ghee, coconut butter, cashew butter, cacao powder, honey and salt until creamy and smooth with no chunks.
- Place parchment paper in a 9x13 baking dish (this makes the fudge easier to remove and cut when it is done). Spread so that it is even. Set aside and let cool for a minute.
- Place coffee beans in a ziplock bag. Using the back of a spoon or meat mallet, hit the coffee beans so that they are a coarse texture. You don't want it to be powder, I like them to have a little crunch/bite to really experience the coffee flavor.
- Sprinkle coffee bits over the top of the fudge.
- Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or until completely frozen.
- Remove from freezer and cut into 2 inch squares. Place in a ziplock bag and keep in freezer until ready to eat!