Over Thanksgiving, I shared this simple, crowd-pleasing appetizer that my Mom makes every year on my instagram stories. So many of you have requested that I share the recipe and show step-by-step instructions so here we are!
These are really a mini-version of that delightful pastry wrapped brie that everyone adores so much at holiday parties. Here, we have individual bites sized versions of that. Just as easy to make and ever so delicious.
There’s nothing healthy here to see. Just a good old fashioned appetizer that is perfect for the holidays! Here is how to make it:
Step 1: cut puff pastry sheet into 12 uniform squares. Spray a mini-cupcake tin with cooking spray and gently press the puff pastry to create a little puff pastry basket.
Step 2: Stuff with a square of brie
Step 3: Add a dallop of jelly. I use Cranberry-Jalapeno jam, but anything works here.
Step 4: Sprinkle with chopped hazelnuts
Step 5: Bake until golden brown!
Step 6: Watch them disappear in no time. In fact, you should just go ahead and make 2 batches of these like my mom does! 😉
- 1 package puff pastry, defrosted
- Approximately 3 oz brie, about 1/4 wheel of brie (no need to remove the rind, it's edible)
- 1/2 cup spicy cranberry jelly (I use Austin slow burn brand, but any will do)
- 1/4 cup loosely chopped hazelnuts
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 and lightly spray a mini cupcake tin with cooking spray.
- Lay puff pastry out across a cutting board. Cut pastry dough into 3 equal sections. Then cut each section into 4 even slices. You should have 12 pieces total. I use a pizza slicer to make this easy.
- Gently form each pastry by pressing your fingers into the cupcake tin and creating a small basket for the brie and jelly.
- Cut brie into 12 1/2 inch squares and place one slice in each tin.
- Top each tin with a 1 teaspoon of spicy cranberry jelly.
- Sprinkle with hazelnuts.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until pastry dough is golden and brie has melted.