If you follow me on Instagram, you know one of my favorite things to get for breakfast is the “faux-yo parfait” from The Gem here in Dallas. It’s so yummy and I just had to recreate it at home for you guys that don’t live near The Gem. Even though this treat is really a bonafide smoothie bowl, it’s fun to get that yogurt parfait experience without all the added dairy.
Recently, I tried Paleo Passion Foods Grainless Granola and it’s my new favorite Granola for throwing on smoothies, yogurt, or even for snacking! I love the flavor and I really love how it doesn’t upset my stomach… I find that most granola has too much added sweeteners that makes me feel a little icky all day; however, I don’t have that reaction at all with Paleo Passion Foods. I topped off my “Faux-yo Parfait” with Paleo Passion Food’s Caribbean Coconut Grainless Granola and I have to say, the final result of my parfait came out awfully close to the one I love so much at The Gem. WIN!!
Also, Paleo Passion Food’s is offering a super generous discount for you, my fabulous followers!! Head over to their website and use my discount code ‘thedefineddish’ when you checkout for 15% off your purchase AND free shipping! YAS.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 4 strawberries
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup tart cherry juice
- 3 tbsp. hulled hemp seeds
- 2 tsp. unsweetened coconut flakes (for garnish, optional)
- small handful of dried tart red cherries (optional)
- 1 cup Paleo Passion Foods Coconut Granola
- Place banana, strawberries, hemp seeds, blueberries, cherry juice, and frozen cauliflower florets in a high speed blender. Blend until smooth.
- In the bottom of a cup or bowl, place half the granola and half of the dried tart cherries. Pour smoothie over the top and then top it all off with the granola, the dried cherries, and coconut flakes (optional).
- Eat with a spoon and enjoy!