Maybe it’s just me, but egg salads typically kind of gross me out. It makes me think of going to someone’s grandmother’s house and eating a stinky old, mustard covered, mushy egg salad. Maybe your grandma made a delicious egg salad? But maybe not. Either way, this recipe totally changes everything you ever thought about an egg salad.
Move over grandma and your old egg salad.
My new favorite sauce, this green goddess dressing, is quickly becoming a staple in my household. I could put that shit on everything and never grow tired of it! Try vamping up your traditional egg salad by making this rendition of it. Its freaking fabulous. I am officially an egg salad LOVER.
- 8 eggs
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/2 cup Homemade Basil Green Goddess Dressing
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First, lets get those eggs "hardboiled". You can be lazy (no judgement, I do this all the time) and buy your eggs already hardboiled from Wholefoods.) Or, see step 2 to cook them in your own kitchen.
- I like to STEAM mine. (Placing eggs into a pot full of steaming water cooks them evenly and gently, with less risk of cracking, than dropping them into simmering water.) Add 1 inch of water to a large pot. Place steamer insert inside, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add eggs to steamer basket, cover, and continue cooking for 12 minutes. Immediately place eggs in a bowl of ice water and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before peeling under cool running water.
- Cut the hardboiled eggs into eighths and place cut eggs into a bowl.
- Add the cubed avocado and pour the green goddess dressing over it all. Carefully fold the dressing into the eggs and avocado. Season with a little salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve and enjoy!