Labor Day is around the corner and football season is here!! How about this fun Street corn recipe for your party for labor day? It’s absolutely delicious, festive, EASY, and everyone just loves it. It’s great with any kind of bbq or, of course, alongside tacos or fajitas! yum.
Since corn can be a little tricky to eat, its sometimes fun to cut it off the husk and serve it with chips, like I did here, and this is a great gameday dip when you are hosting a watch party!
- 4 ears of corn
- 4 sheets of foil
- 4 tbsp. mayo
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. chili powder
- Grated Cotija Cheese (use parmesan if you can't find)
- Sprinkle of Chili Powder
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges.
- In a bowl, combine all of the aioli ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Place ears of corn on top of a sheet of foil and brush all over with the aioli until coated evenly. You should use about 3/4 of your aioli to brush 4 ears of corn and reserve the remaining aioli for later.
- Wrap the corn in the foil. Grill over medium-high heat until corn is tender and charred, about 10-12 minutes, rotating the corn every 3 minutes. (If you prefer to cook without foil, you can put the corn directly on the grill and grill for about 6 minutes total, turning over halfway through the cooking time).
- Remove from grill and unwrap the corn. Place on a plate and brush with remaining aioli. Top with the grated cotjia cheese, cilantro, a sprinkle of chili powder, and serve with the lime wedges.
- To make the corn into a festive dip, after grilling cut the kernals off of the husk. Place in a bowl and toss with the remaining aioli, garnish with the cheese, cilantro, chili powder and serve with lime.