This brisket is absolutely delicious and so easy to make. Toss it in the crockpot before you start your day and your dinner is ready when you get home! Fill butter lettuce with the meat to make low carb and whole 30 approved “tacos”, stuff bell peppers of poblanos, scramble it with some eggs for breakfast, top it on a salad…the list goes on and on!
- 1 tbsp. chipotle chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. montreal steak seasoning
- 1.5 – 2 lbs. boneless flat beef brisket
- 1 white onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- Combine the chili powder, cumin, salt, and montreal steak seasoning in a small bowl. Toss to combine.
- Rub mixture all over the brisket until coated evenly.
- Lay brisket in the bottom of the crockpot. Top with diced onion and garlic. Whisk together the beef broth and tomato paste, then pour around the brisket.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours.
- When cooking time is complete, remove brisket using tongs onto a cutting board. Using two forks, shred the brisket.
- Place shredded brisket back into the crockpot so that it can soak up some of the delicious juices from the crockpot.