People talk about chicken being boring but I say they aren’t trying hard enough! If you put your mind to it, you don’t ever have to eat boring chicken. Just rub it with a good spice and top it with a salsa, sauce, or dip it in some sort of condiment. It’s that easy!
This Jerk Seasoning is quickly becoming one of my favorite ways to jazz up chicken (these wings are to die for). In this particular recipe, I topped it off with a mango salsa, which was a fantastic addition to the heat from the jerk seasoning. However, the chicken would have been just fine without the salsa– the seasoning alone does the trick to making your chicken taste fantastic! Enjoy!
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp. + 1 tsp. of homemade jerk seasoning
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups peeled and diced mangos (about 2 mangos)
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced small
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp. fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all of the Mango Salsa ingredients in a bowl. Toss to coat + set aside or refrigerate until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken breasts in 2 tbsp. of olive oil. Add the jerk seasoning, toss to coat.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat with 1 tbsp. olive oil. When hot but not smoking, sear chicken in the skillet on both sides until lightly browned (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- Once both sides of chicken are seared, pop the entire cast iron skillet with the chicken into the preheated oven and cook until it is cooked through (no longer pink, about 8-10 more minutes in the oven).
- Remove chicken from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top with Mango Salsa and serve.
- You can also grill the chicken if you are a griller! But I wanted to give you all the option of just doing it in the kitchen for those of you that don't have a grill.