This is one of my all time favorite sides. And, when I tell friends and family what I am making when they come over this they are typically not excited about the idea of this, I can always tell. But I swear to you, pretty much every person that I have made this fora asks me for the recipe. It is easy and foolproof so it is a great go-to when you have guests over and do not want to be slaving in the kitchen.
I also love this side because it subs chips for me. Chips are my absolute favorite guilty pleasure so this is a huge plus for me! Try it on the side of your burger next time you grill out instead of french fries, too!
- 15 oz. okra
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1tsp. kosher salt (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cut the head off of the okra, then cut in half lengthwise.
3. Spread evenly on a cooking sheet. Drizzle in olive oil and, using clean hands, toss so that it is evenly coated in the oil.
4. Now season with kosher salt and pepper, toss once more to evenly coat. Spread evenly again across the cooking sheet.
5. Place in the preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until tender on the inside yet slightly crisp on the edges.
6. Remove from oven, squeeze the juice of the lemon over the top of the okra. Serve immediately.