A simple salad utilizing what is in season is always a good idea. We enhanced this seasons veggies by roasting them and throwing them on top of simply dressed lettuce, and topped it off with some crumbled goat cheese because, well, why not! Such a great, easy farm fresh side dish or meal! enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 4 as a side dish, serves 2 as a main dish):
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1 squash, cut into 1 inch chunks
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- salt and pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 head (or approx. 16 leaves) Red Leaf Lettuce, separated into leaves
- 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the cut up Zucchini, Squash and Red onion on a cooking sheet. Drizzle and toss to coat in 2 tbsp. olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Lightly dust with Garlic Powder, Paprika, and Cumin. Place in the oven and roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring every 10 mins, until veggies are tender.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp. olive oil and 2 tbsp. red wine vinegar. Place the lettuce leaves in the bowl and toss to coat evenly.
4. Divide the lettuce among 4 plates (or 2 if serving as a main dish), stacking the leaves slightly to make a bed for the veggies. Spoon the vegetables over the lettuce, dividing evenly. Sprinkle with goat cheese crumbles (about 2 tbsp. per salad). Serve and enjoy.
Recipe Adapted from Healthy Dish of the Day.