It’s no shock that I love my caesar salad dressing [that also happens to be Whole30 Complaint]. I love whipping it up at the beginning of the week and using it for a quick lunch, dinner or even side salad.
Here is a fun way to use it, paired with a lovely Salmon Burger. Its essentially your classic flavored salmon burger but don’t let that fool you, it is simple delicious. Plus, paired with the creamy kale salad, it’s a salad worth making every week that will certianly not leave your bored.
These Salmon burgers alone are just fantastic, so you can really serve them however you like. But I assure you this kale salad rendition will be one to impress!
Salmon Burgers with Kale Caesar Salad
For the Salmon Burger:
- 2 lb center cut salmon, skin removed and deboned
- 1/4 cup finely diced shallot (or 1 large shallot)
- 1 tsp old bay seasoning
- 2 tbsp finely chopped fresh dill, plus more for serving
- 2 tsp cassava flour (arrowroot or tapioca flour is okay, too)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup super-fine almond flour
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
For the Kale Caesar:
- 2 heads, lacinto kale
- Caesar Dressing
Make the Salmon Burgers:
- Cut the salmon into 2 inch cubes. Place half of the salmon in a food processor. turn on and blend until minced, almost the texture of ground beef. You don’t want it over processed. Transfer to a bowl. Do the second batch of the salmon. (I do this in batches to prevent over blending the salmon).
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, shallot, bay seasoning, dill, cassava, egg salt, pepper, and egg. Using a fork, stir until well combined. Place the salmon burger mixture in the fridge so that it firms up a bit and is easier to work with, 10-15 minutes.
Meanwhile, Make the Salad:
- Strip the kale leaves from the stem, rinse and pat dry. Stack the leaves on top of one another then, roll like a cigar then slice into very thin ribbons. Place the ribbons in a large bowl and set aside.
Cook the Salmon Burgers:
- Place the almond flour on a plate. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When hot, carefully scoop out 1/2 cup of the salmon burger mixture at a time and using your hands, press into a patty. Dredge the patties into the almond flour and coat all both sides of the salmon burger with the flour. Using your hands, Gently press once more to reinstate the patty with the almond flour.
- Carefully place the patty into the oil and cook until golden brown on each side and cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Continue until all of the salmon burgers are cooked (it makes about 8 patties)
Finish the Salad:
- Toss the kale with desired amount caesar dressing until well coated. Serve with the salmon burgers and garnish with fresh dill. Enjoy!