“One Pot” Meals are great but, do you know what is even better? Foil Packet meals. Slap down a sheet of foil. Fill with all ingredients. Seal it all up. Bake it. Remove from oven. Eat and enjoy! The only thing you might have to get dirty is a cutting board and a knife! I mean, what is there not to like about that? We make foil packet salmon all the time and this a fun, whole 30 approved, asian inspired take that we love. Yum!
Ingredients: (Serves 2)
- 2 (8oz) filets of Salmon
- 1 head baby bok chop
- 1 red bell pepper, seeds/core removed and thinly sliced
- about 2 cup sliced baby bella mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut aminos (you can use soy sauce if not whole 30)
- 2 teaspoons cilantro leaves (optional)
- 4 large sheets of foil (about 18 inches)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lay down 2 sheets of foil side by side on a large cooking sheet.
- Remove the leaves from the bok choy, divide them amongst the 2 sheets of foil. Top with sliced red bell pepper and mushrooms, divided amongst the two.
- Place your salmon filet on top.
- Top each filet of salmon with 1 clove minced garlic, 1/2 of the grated ginger, 1/4 tsp. kosher salt and pepper (to taste).
- Drizzle each of salmon filets with 1 tbsp. olive oil, 1/4 tsp. sesame oil and 1 tbsp. coconut aminos.
- Lastly, top with 1 teaspoon of fresh cilantro leaves.
- Place another sheet of foil on top of each, roll up all of the sides so that it makes a foil “packet”. Place cooking sheet into the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Carefully open the foil packet (beware of hot steam!), slide all contents of each foil packet onto a plate, serve and enjoy!