Ingredients: Serves 3-4 (all organic ingredients)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1/2 cup grapeseed, vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup sliced scallions (save the green part for serving, optional)
- 2-3 organic large free range eggs
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 cup shredded carrots (you can buy these pre-shredded)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 jalapeño (optional)
- 8-10 shrimp, peeled and deveined (if frozen, thaw accordingly before cooking)
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce (found in the asian section at the grocery store)
- 1 tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp. organic ketchup
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. sriracha or chili garlic sauce
- 1 tbsp. organic tamari ( or low-sodium soy sauce)
- juice of 1 lime
Serving Suggestions: If desired, serve with a lime wedge, crushed red pepper, tops of green onion, chopped unsalted dry-roasted peanuts and raw bean sprouts on the side.
Spaghetti Squash Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- cut squash half lengthwise and scoop out and discard seeds.
- Place squash halves outside up on a roasting pan. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove when cooked and set aside to cool off.
Sauce Directions: Combine all sauce ingredients into small bowl. Stir and set aside.
Pad Thai Directions:
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan over high heat until very hot.
- Add the garlic and cook until light brown (about 10 seconds), add eggs and stir until scrambled (about 30 seconds).
- Add the shrimp and cook until well-done (they will curl and turn pink-about 2 minutes).
- Add the bean sprouts, shredded carrots, jalapeño, scallions and sauce ingredients. Toss until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Add desired amount of spaghetti squash to wok and stir into pad thai blend for about 1 minute. Top with desired garnishes and enjoy!!!