How addicted to sriracha rooster sauce are you? If you think everything taste better covered (or even, drenched) in sriracha then this meal was made for you! That green topped, flaming rooster sauce has become a household favorite. So we had to make it the spotlight in this 3 ingredient-sauce dish. Cook it up in 10 minutes, but remember, a little bit of sriracha goes a long way. Enjoy, spice lovers.
Also, I served mine under a bed of quinoa, cooked in my rice cooker! I recommend serving it over something that can soak up this delicious marinade.
- 1/8 cup Sriracha
- 2 organic chicken cutlets or breasts, cubed
- 1 tbsp. raw honey
- 1 tbsp. organic tamari (or soy sauce)
- about 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- chive part of green onion, thinly sliced (optional, for garnish)
- salt/pepper, to taste
1. Clean and pat dry chicken. Cut the chicken into about 1 inch cubes. Season lightly with salt and pepper on each side.
2. In a bowl: combine sriracha, soy sauce and honey. Place the chicken in the bowl to marinade for at least 5 minutes.
3. Heat pan over medium heat with olive oil for about 3 minutes.
4. Add cubed marinaded chicken in an even layer to bottom of the skillet. Let cook for about 3 minutes, untouched. Turn chicken over to cook on other side for another 3 minutes. Sauté chicken and continue cooking. The total cooking time should be between 7-10 minutes, depending on the size of the cubes.
5. Remove chicken from heat and garnish with green onion!