Street corn is the best for grilling out with friends and family on the weekends! It is delicious and so festive! We healthified street corn by making the aioli with greek yogurt (instead of mayonnaise!) and it is just as good! So get those grills fired up this weekend, some fun music playing, throw some lean meats over the fire with this healthy street corn and you are pretty much guaranteed a wonderful night!
Greek Yogurt Aioli:
1 5.3 oz Chobani plain greek yogurt
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 large lime, juiced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
In a bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well. Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes to allow flavors to marinate. The longer the better, though!
4 stalks of corn, shucked and cleaned
4 limes, cut in half
1/2 cup grated cojita cheese
1 handful of chopped cilantro, for garnish
4 pieces of foil, about the size of a sheet of paper
Our greek yogurt aioli (recipe above)
- Place each corn on a sheet of foil. With a brush, generously brush the greek yogurt aioli sauce all over. Reserve about 1/4 of the aioli to top the corn after it is cooked.
- Wrap the corn tightly in the foil.
- Place the foil wrapped corn on a grill over medium-high heat. Grill for 20 minutes, turning slightly every 5 minutes.
- Unwrap the corn. Place on a large serving tray and throw away the foil.
- Brush the remaining aioli all over the corn. Top with the grated cotija cheese and chopped cilantro. Squeeze the limes over it and leave the limes on the plate for garnish!
BAKING OPTION: If you do not have access to a grill, no worries. Preheat your oven to 450. Once you wrap the corn in foil, place them on a cooking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes.