Can you tell how much I love Thai food? I mean… I do realize that a large chunk of our recipes on here are Thai but, it’s just SO good. Not only is it freaking delicious, but I really love how easy it is to make and how flavorful it is while only using clean ingredients (or at least that is how I do it in my kitchen)! This recipe here is a favorite weeknight meal over at our household. Its so simple to throw together and takes no time at all!
- Thai Chicken and Basil Lettuce Cups2016-05-15 06:32:21Serves 3Write a reviewTotal Time30 minTotal Time30 minIngredients
- 1 cup packed basil leaves (thai basil or sweet basil is fine)
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 2 shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds/stem removed and finely diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. avocado or olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2-6 birds eye chilies, thinly sliced (2 for mild, 4 for medium, 6 for spicy)
- 2 tbsp. red boat fish sauce
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 head of butter lettuce
The Defined Dish http://www.thedefineddish.com/
- Heat 2 tbsp. of oil over medium high heat in a large skillet. Add the diced shallot and diced red bell pepper, saute for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, saute for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add the ground chicken to the skillet and using the back of a spoon, break up the meat and cook meat until it is just cooked through, about 5-7 minutes. Season that meat with salt and pepper.
- Turn heat down to low. Add your sliced birds eye chilies and green onions. Roughly chop your basil and add that in as well.
- Now add your fish sauce and lime juice. Stir in and cook 1-2 more minutes. Serve in lettuce cups, enjoy!