You can pretty much come up with any delicious concoction, put it in a butter lettuce cup, and call it a day. This is one of our Tex-Mex flavored lettuce cups (aka tacos) that is super easy and tasty! It only takes about 15 minutes to whip up, which is why it is a staple in our household. The ground turkey breast keeps it lean and the black beans add a little extra protein and helps fill you up a little more! No sides necessary… these paleo friendly and gluten free tacos have you covered for the night!
1 lb. ground turkey breast
1/2 red onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 small jalapeno, seeds removed then chopped
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/4 tsp. paprika
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. garlic salt
1 can of black beans (DO NOT DRAIN)
The juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
1. Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add olive oil and garlic. Saute garlic for about 2 minutes.
3. Next add: the ground turkey, the onions, the jalapeno, the salt, pepper, garlic salt, chili powder and paprika. Saute until the ground turkey is brown, almost all the way cooked through (about 5 minutes).
4. Add the can of black beans, the juice of 1 lime, and the chopped cilantro. Continue to cook for 4 more minutes or until beans and turkey are cooked.
5. Spoon mixture onto a butter lettuce cup. Top with avocado and your favorite canned salsa (ours is Joe T Garcia’s Medium salsa!)