Another satisfying Whole30 dinner made with 5 ingredients!
Please note that as part of the #5ingredientwhole30 challenge, I do not count salt, pepper, oil, vinegar or some additional garnishes. They are, more or less, 5 ingredient meals that I hope inspire you to keep things simple and delicious in your kitchen.
Turkey and Green Bean Basil Stir Fry
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, or more to taste
- 12 ounces green beans (snipped and cleaned)
- 1 tbsp Yellowbird Sriracha Sauce (be sure to get the one without sugar added)
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (I like Big Tree Farm Brand)
- 1/2 cup packed basil leaves
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat with avocado and toasted sesame oil. When hot, add the ground turkey, salt, and pepper and cook, breaking up the meat with a spoon, until cooked through (no longer pink), 5 to 7 minutes. When cook through, set heat on low and keep warm while you prepare the green beans.
- Meanwhile, bring a large skillet of water to a boil. Once boiling, add the green beans and cook for 3 minutes. Transfer the par-cooked green beans to a bowl of ice water to shock the green beans and lock in the green color.
- Increase the heat in the wok back up to medium-high heat. Drain and transfer the green beans to the wok and cook, tossing often, until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sriracha, coconut aminos, and basil leaves and cook 2 more minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!