If you follow me on Instagram, you’ve probably noticed that a can of tuna, in some form or fashion, makes it way into my lunches often. It’s quick, easy and personally… I just love the way it tastes. I either buy Wild Planet Skip Jack Tuna or Safecatch Tuna. Both are good quality, low in mercury, wild caught tuna.
Anyway, I like to get creative when I make a tuna salad and here is my latest creation featuring the hottest new root veggie, a watermelon radish! Not only are the absolutely beautiful, but I love how crisp they are! They are very neutral in taste, they aren’t near as bitter or pepper-y like regular Radishes. I buy mine at Whole Foods, but they aren’t always there, so keep your eyes peeled. If you do see them, grab them!! They really brighten up your plates!
If you can’t find Watermelon Radish, try slices of cucumber, daikon radish, or even celery root sliced thin for your tostada! Enjoy!
- 1 can tuna, drained
- 1.5 tbsp. mayo (I use Primal Kitchen's)
- 2 tbsp. finely diced red onion
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 medium watermelon radish
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1/2 jalapeno, very thinly sliced
- Trader Joe's "Everything but the Bagel" seasoning
- kale microgreens, for garnish (optional)
- Wedge of lime, for serving
- In a bowl, combine the tuna, mayo, red onion, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Scrub, then slice the watermelon radish into thin slices. Plate on a table in a single layer.
- Place a spoonful of the tuna mixture on top of each watermelon radish slice.
- Top with sliced avocado, sliced jalapeno, everything but the bagel seasoning, and microgreens (if desired). Serve with a wedge of lime for squeezing over the top before serving!
- Eat like nachos and enjoy!!