Oh, to be a kid again… living on a diet of chicken fingers and French fries. I mean, seriously though? Wasn’t that just the best? If I could, I would eat chicken fingers and French fries all the time but let’s just say my age and body will disagree with me if I did that. My kiddos enjoy chicken fingers (mainly at chik-fil-a) regularly, and it’s probably my biggest struggle in life not to eat their entire meal in 5 seconds flat because.. how can a mom resist the deliciousness that is Chik-fil-a? good lord.
Chicken tenders are just one of those things I will never grow out of, and I am certain many of you feel the same way. I created this recipe not only for my kiddos but for adults, like me, who love a good chicken finger! My picky little taste testers LOVED this recipe which made me one happy mommy and food blogger. Sutton even told me that this recipe was “100 yummies” which, in translation means “freaking delicious!”
So, to all my chicken tender lovers out there wanting to have a whole30, clean version– try this one and let me know what you think! It’s no chik-fil-a but it’s dang good, nonetheless!
- 2 lbs. chicken tenders (or boneless, skinless chicken cutlets cut into tenders)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond meal from "unblanched" almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- Ghee oil spray, coconut oil spray, or avocado oil spray
- parchment paper (for baking)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Season the chicken tenders with salt and pepper all over.
- Crack eggs into a large bowl and whisk.
- In a separate bowl combine almond meal, coconut flour, salt and pepper (to taste) and paprika. Toss to combine evenly.
- Using one hand, place chicken tenders into the eggs and coat. Toss into the breading mixture and use your other hand to coat in the breading.
- Place breaded chicken on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Continue process until all of the chicken is breaded and on the baking sheet.
- Spray the tops of the chicken with cooking spray of choice (I use Fourth&Heart Ghee Oil Spray)
- Bake in oven until chicken is browned and cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice and enjoy!