This post is a paid partnership with Amazon Devices & Services. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
I love to read. Not only does reading relax me and help me unwind at the end of the day, but it does so much more to me that I truly believe makes me a better person.
Reading non-fiction books helps open my mind to other cultures, religious beliefs, and political beliefs. I’ve read so many books that have also helped me in growing my brand and business. Plus, I’ve even read books like Brene Brown’s Dare to Lead that has seriously impacted my mental game in doing what I do and sharing what I share online. Then there are Fiction books. Nothing excites me more than going on a wild adventure with historical fiction books. Some of my favorite books I’ve ever read like The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah, Along the Infinite Sea by Beatriz Williams, and A Thousand Splendid Sons by Khaled Hosseini take me to a world unknown and open my mind beyond my wildest dreams. They are the types of books you can’t stop reading, and when you finish they stick with you forever.
This is why I love reading so much. Every good book impacts me and changes me for the better. As a book lover and now, an active traveler, I finally decided to get the Kindle Paperwhite. One of my best friends, Audrey, who legit reads a novel a week, recommended it to me. She is also the friend I ask for book recommendation *every time* before cracking open a new book and she never fails me, so I knew the Kindle Paperwhite would be good!
So, why is it so great, you say? Aside from the obvious (it has books), here are just a few reasons why readers like me love the Kindle Paperwhite:
- I mentioned earlier that I am traveling a lot more than I am used to now for work. I hate checking a bag, so having ample room is extremely important to me and I never want to travel without a book in tow. It’s sleek, small size slides right in like you’d never even know it’s in the bag!
- You can read for weeks, not hours, on a single charge (also clutch when traveling)
- It’s waterproof and glare free. Great for sunbathing by the beach (when traveling, haha)
- I am one of those people that, when really engrossed in a book, like to switch between the audio and ebook version. I really only have time to read a book after the kids are in bed, which only gives me an hour to read a day; however, while I am cooking in the kitchen I can multitask and “read” a book at the same time thanks to Audible with my Kindle device. I can easily switch between reading and listening without changing devices. It’s pretty clutch.
- Goodreads is arguably one of my favorite apps EVER. If you are a reader and do not have Goodreads, do yourself a solid favor and do it immediately. [Goodreads is the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations, with over 50 million members]. Kindle is integrated with Goodreads, so after I finish a book I go scour the realm of Goodreads to get recommendations and read reviews on the next book I want to read. I pretty much always go to my friend Audrey Dunlap’s Goodreads account!
- I love collecting books and cookbooks, but I also only have room for so much on my shelves. Having Kindle makes it easy to buy some cookbooks that I am interested in, but in e-book form so that I can still flip through while not having to buy a physical copy.
- Prime Reading- Available to all Amazon Prime members at no additional cost, Prime Reading offers unlimited access to a rotating selection of more than a thousand books, including Audibles books, magazines, cookbooks and more!
So yea, in a nutshell– the Kindle Paperwhite is perfect for not only the book lover in me, but my lifestyle. I really love that it’s so lightweight and great for on the go, and I have millions of books at my fingertips!
What are some of your all time favorite books that you’ve read? I’d love to know in the comments below! Here is my Goodreads account, you can follow me there!