Happy almost Holidays!
I can just feel all of your little foodie minds churning and thinking, what am I going to cook this holiday season? Well, I have some ideas for you, my friends!
It’s a time to gather around the table with the ones you love, sharing and feasting– filling your hearts and bellies. It’s a time to celebrate and have fun, and it’s a time to reflect on the year and be grateful. The most wonderful time of the year!
Here is an absolutely OUT OF THIS WORLD fantastic brisket recipe to gather around the table. This Bourbon Braised Brisket is browned, then braised in the oven in a lovely bourbon-infused sauce. The result? Fork tender brisket and the most magical and flavorful sauce (that comes out perfectly reduced without having to go back onto the stove!) You won’t even believe how good the sauce is.
Why add bourbon to this recipe? Well, TX Whiskey Bourbon is bold with notes of maple and brown sugar that when cooked down, it really enhances the flavor of the sauce and gives it a fantastic flavor that you’ve never had in a Holiday Brisket before!
Seriously, it’s just incredible and a dish that everyone at the table will gobble up. The other great thing about it is that it really will pair well with any side dish! Try a this big holiday salad, and my Texas-Style Mac and Cheese!
SHOP THE POST.
Bourbon Braised Brisket
- ~4 lb beef brisket, untrimmed/flat-cut
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/2 cup TX Whiskey Bourbon
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (soy sauce works as well)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix salt, pepper, ground mustard, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder and cayenne to create your rub.
- Using paper towels, pat dry brisket. Cut brisket in half, to create two large pieces about 2 lbs each. Using your hands, evenly coat both sides of brisket with your rub mixture.
- Heat a heavy-bottomed and oven-safe pot, or dutch oven, over medium-high heat with avocado oil. Add brisket and sear on both sides until golden-brown crust forms, about 4-5 minutes per side. You may need to do this in two batches.
- While brisket is searing, in a medium-sized bowl combine the bourbon, ketchup, coconut aminos, apple cider vinegar, garlic, sugar, dijon mustard and beef broth. Whisk until well-combined and set aside until beef is done searing.
- Set browned brisket aside and turn off the heat. Pour sauce into a dutch oven, breaking up any brown bits at bottom of the pan. Nestle brisket into the sauce.
- Top with sliced onion and cover with a lid. Transfer into the pre-heated oven and bake until brisket is cooked through, about 3-3.5 hours. The meat should be fork-tender when ready.
- Slice and serve the brisket on a large platter. Drizzle a little of the sauce from the pot over the brisket, and serve the sauce in a bowl on the side for guests to add more as desired!