One Pot Spicy Cajun Chicken and Cauliflower "Rice"
Write a review
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 tbsp. olive oil or grapeseed oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower (or about 4 cups of riced cauliflower)
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 (10 oz.) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 fresh jalapeno, seeds removed and diced (optional)
- 3/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- Combine all your seasoning ingredients into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Cut cauliflower into smaller florets. Place florets into a food processor (you may need to do this in 2-3 batches). Pulse the food processor until the cauliflower turns into a "rice" looking texture. Set aside. OR, I love buying Trader Joe's frozen organic cauli rice to save a little time!
- Rinse and pat dry chicken breast. Season with salt and pepper. Chop into 1-inch cubes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp. oil. Add your cubed chicken. Cook for about 7-8 minutes.
- Add your chopped white onion, garlic, jalapeño, diced tomatoes and sliced red/green bell pepper. Saute for 5 minutes.
- Add your riced cauliflower and the seasonings mixture. Saute for 4 more minutes.
The Defined Dish http://www.thedefineddish.com/