Labor day is around the corner and if you need something easy to make ahead of time and bring to a party (or even to a boat) this is the perfect crowd pleasing dish. I love making a pasta salad when showing up to a day party because it’s chilled and easy to make, and everyone loves them!
Here, I pretty much made my absolutely fantastic caesar salad dressing, made a chicken caesar salad, added pasta to it and called it a day! and boyyyyy is it goood. I love that it has everything you need in one dish: protein, greens, and carbs– all to help fuel you for a day of celebrating!!
- 1 (16oz) box penne pasta
- 3 grilled chicken breasts, diced larged
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- 3/4 cup homemade caesar salad dressing
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Drain pasta and rinse under cold running water (rinsing helps remove some of the sticky starchiness so it doesn't clump together in the salad).
- Place pasta in a bowl with the chopped chicken, romaine lettuce, and the caesar salad dressing. Toss until coated evenly.
- Add the parmesan cheese and the lemon juice, toss once more to coat. Taste and add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Chill before serving. Enjoy!