Well, well, well. What do we have here? Another sweet treat from the girl who doesn’t ever make sweet treats. Yep! that’s right!!! and guess what, you guys are going to love this treat.
I recently discovered Rootz Nutrition and fell in love with their protein powder. I have never been a fan of protein powder because it’s usually filled with terrible ingredients and I really just don’t think it tastes good; but I am not kidding you when I say that I really love Rootz. It tastes great and the ingredients inside are fantastically clean and paleo approved. I mean, just look at the ingredient list!
Rootz Paleo Protein-Superfood contains egg white protein, hemp protein, and sacha inchi protein, combined with
a blend of all natural superfoods to provide delicious post-workout nutrition that promotes the growth of lean muscle mass and overall health. Typically, I just throw mine in a smoothie when I want a post-workout protein shake or as a low calorie meal replacement at any time during the day. The Paleo Protein-Superfood contains fantastic nutrients that will rejuvenate your body and get you ready for the rest of your day.
I especially love to blend a scoop of it with frozen banana and almond milk for a fantastic banana shake that tastes like dessert! But, speaking of dessert, I thought it’d be even more fun to add it to a clean, paleo approved dark chocolate “peanut butter” cup type treat. Instead of peanut butter, I used Crazy Richard’s creamy cashew butter combined with the Roots protein-superfood. The end result is as good as it looks and a perfect guilt-free treat for when you have a sweet tooth. Plus, they couldn’t be easier to make!
Head over to Rootz, where they are giving you all 15% off any of their products when you use my discount code “thedefineddish”.
- 1/4 cup Crazy Richards Cashew Butter
- 3 tbsp. Rootz Chocolate-Banana-Nut Superfood Protein Powder
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (60% dark chocolate or higher)
- 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil
- coconut oil spray
- Mini Cupcake Pan
- Mini Cupcake Pan Baking Liners
- Fill mini muffin tin with 12 muffin liners and spray with coconut oil spray and set aside.
- Boil 2 inches of water in a pot. Place a heat-safe bowl over the pot and melt dark chocolate chips and coconut oil, stirring often, until chocolate is smooth.
- Scoop one teaspoon of the chocolate mixture onto the bottom of each muffin liner. Then, place muffin tin into the freezer for about 10-15 minutes or until chocolate hardens.
- Meanwhile, In a medium size bowl mix the cashew butter and protein powder together. Pop it in the fridge for 5 minutes to set.
- Next, remove from fridge and with wet hands, separate the peanut butter and protein mixture into 12 marble sized balls (~1 teaspoon), and set aside.
- Next, place one protein peanut butter ball on top of each hardened chocolate, carefully flattening the ball with your finger until it has a smooth top.
- Finally, add two more teaspoons of the melted chocolate on top of the peanut butter to each liner to complete your peanut butter cup
- Place muffin tin in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes until chocolate is hardened.