Cajun food is PACKED full of amazing flavor thanks to all of the delicious seasonings that go into each dish. During the Whole 30 Challenge, seasonings are your best friend. They make each healthy dish flavorful and delicious, while remaining whole. Give this recipe a try and you’ll see what I mean. It is AMAZING. (We highly recommend serving with roasted okra and our Blackened Red Snapper!)
- 1/2 head of Cauliflower (or about 4 cups of Riced Cauliflower)
- 2 tbsp. ghee (or sub butter if not paleo or whole 30)
- 2 tbsp. oil (olive or vegetable)
- 2 Wellshire Farms Turkey Andouille Sausage Links
- 1/2 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 4 green onions, sliced thinly (both green and white parts)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Seasonings Mixture:
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne (or more, to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
1. Combine all of the seasonings into a small bowl, set aside.
2. Cut cauliflower into smaller florets. Place florets into a food processor (you may need to do this in 2-3 batches). Pulse the food processor until the cauliflower turns into a “rice” looking texture. Set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with 2 tbsp. oil. Add your chopped white onion, garlic, and green pepper (NOT the green onions yet). Saute for 5 minutes.
4. Dice up your sausages. Add them into the skillet with the onions and peppers. Also add in your green onions at this time. Saute for 2 more minutes.
5. Add the 2 tbsp. ghee (or butter) and let melt, then add your riced cauliflower and the seasonings mixture. Saute for 4 more minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy!