This Easy Chicken and Vegetable Curry is creamy, delicious, and comes together in 30 minutes, making it a perfect busy weeknight go-to dish.
Thanks to the wonderful combination of spices from Frontier Co-op in their Curry Powder and Turmeric Twists Blends, whipping up a beautifully aromatic and rich curry is easier than ever. In this recipe, I used their Turmeric Twist Savory Blend, which is a robust blend of organic turmeric, onion, garlic, paprika and black pepper to infuse savory dishes. I love that I can add some of this along with the curry, garlic powder, and ginger powder and be done with it! Let it simmer for 20 minutes or so and you’ll have a warm bowl of chicken curry on the table in no time at all!
I hope you and your family enjoy this dish as much as my family and I did. My kids gobbled this up and thought it was absolutely delicious which makes me one happy Mom because just look at the ingredients in this dish! Clean, healthy, hearty, and wholesome. Perfect!
Side Note: You can really adapt this curry with whatever veggies and protein you want. This is just a great guideline. You can even omit the meat and just keep it veggie for a meatless meal.
Easy Chicken and Vegetable Curry
- 2 tablespoons Avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons FRONTIER Co-op Curry Powder
- 1 teaspoonFrontier Co-op Turmeric Twist Savory Blend
- 1/2 teaspoon FRONTIER Co-op Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon FRONTIER Co-op Ginger Root
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken thighs trimmed of excess fat and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium onion diced medium
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato peeled and diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cups broccoli cut into florets (1 small head)
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 can 13.5 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot flour
- 1/4 cup chicken broth low sodium
Optional, for Serving:
- cilantro leaves
- prepared cauliflower rice
- Heat avocado oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the curry powder, turmeric twist seasoning, garlic powder and ginger root, and toast, stirring, until fragrant well combined, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the chicken, onion, salt and pepper and toss until evenly coated in the spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sweet potato, broccoli, and tomato paste and toss into the mixture until evenly combined.
- Add the coconut milk and stir until well combined.
- In a small bowl, whisk the arrowroot flour and chicken broth until arrowroot has dissolved then pour into the curry, stirring, until well combined.
- Bring the curry to a gentle simmer and cook, uncovered until sweet potatoes are fork tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over prepared cauliflower rice and garnish with cilantro, if desired. Enjoy!
Please note that I only work with companies and products that I feel passionately about and that align with The Defined Dish’s views and that this post contains sponsored content from Frontier Co-op. While I am compensated for the work I do, my opinions are always 100% my own.