Fall is here and it’s my favorite time to entertain! The weather is wonderful, and it’s so nice to cozy up with some more delicious, warm foods with your friends and have a fun little house party!
When it comes to entertaining, I love making quick appetizers that are also delicious and impressive looking. This appetizer? Case and point! It’s so dang easy to make, using only 7 ingredients, and you can have it on the table in no time for your guests to enjoy while sipping cocktails before dinner.
To make this flatbread come together, you only need a few ingredients. Instead of making my own dough (no, thanks!) I use store-bought naan bread. I then spread goat cheese on top of the naan, which I use Cypress Grove’s “Straight Up” Fresh Goat Cheese Cup. I love it’s soft and pillowy texture with a subtle tang and lightly salted finish. I then top it with some sliced figs, because they taste good and boy do they look gorgeous! From there, pop it in the oven for a few minutes to warm the naan, then just finish off with some thinly sliced prosciutto, baby arugula, some crushed red pepper flakes, and a drizzle of syrupy balsamic vinegar! YUM YUM YUM.
This + a glass of red wine + friends = the perfect combination for a fall gathering. Enjoy!
- 2 naan breads
- 1 (4oz) container Cypress Grove Straight Up Goat Cheese
- 2-3 figs, sliced thin
- 4 strips prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup arugula
- Balsamic Vinegar, for garnish
- crushed red pepper flakes, if desired
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On a parchment lined baking sheet, place the naan breads. Evenly spread goat cheese on top and top with sliced figs.
- Place in oven and bake for 7 minutes.
- Remove flatbreads from oven and top with prosciutto and arugula.
- Drizzle with your favorite balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with crushed red pepper flakes (if desired). Serve and enjoy!