If you follow along my instagram stories, you know that I recently received this Goodful AeroGarden and it’s been FREAKING AWESOME. I am telling you, I have the ultimate black thumb… as in yes, I try SO hard but I kill plants like no other. It’s something I try so very hard at but for the life of me I can’t keep a plant alive. I finally decided to try an AeroGarden and my mind is blown. Y’all the herbs are growing like crazy! It’s magical. All I have to do is sit back and when the light turns red, I add water or a dash of plant food. It’s just that easy.
With that being said, the dill is growing at a rapid pace and I just can’t keep up! My good friend, Audrey, came over for New Years Eve night and was like WOAH, look at all that dill! You need to make a cold salmon salad. Uh, thanks Audrey! Best idea ever.
So here it is. A simply delicious dill salmon salad that is perfect for grab and go lunches and takes about 5 minutes to make. I absolutely love it and hope you do, too!
SHOP THE POST.
- 2 (6oz) cans pink salmon, drained (I use Wildplanet brand)
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 2 teaspoons capers, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely diced white onion
- 2 tablespoons Homemade mayonnaise or Whole30 compliant
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon compliant dill relish or finely diced dill pickles
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Mixed greens, for serving
- Cucumbers, for serving
- Celery, for serving
- Carrots, for serving
- In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients. Use a fork to break up the salmon. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Serve as is, in lettuce cups, wrapped in a collard green or like i did--with mixed greens, cucumber, celery and carrots.