These simple, garlicky green beans go with pretty much everything! It has been one of my favorite go-to sides for years so I had to share with you all. Enjoy!
- 1 lb bag of Washed, Trimmed, and Ready to cook French Beans
- 2 tbsp. Ghee (or sub olive oil or butter)
- 4 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
1. Fill a large bowl with cold water and ice.
2. Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once boiling salt liberally and add in green beans. Cook 3 – 4 minutes or just until bright green.
3. Use a slotted spoon to transfer beans to ice bath to stop cooking process. Once cool, remove and pat dry.
4. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tbsp. olive oil (or ghee), when melted and hot, add the green beans. Add the sliced garlic and the crushed red pepper and saute, stirring often, for 5 minutes. Next add the lemon zest + juice and generous amounts of salt and pepper, to taste. Saute for 2 more minutes. Serve and Enjoy!