While Summer is still hot-and-heavy, I’ve been trying to come up with fun and easy marinades for grilling to spice up any weeknight. This greek-style marinated chicken is perfect and it goes with pretty much everything! I love serving it with this simple Greek Salad (aka Horiatiki) for a fresh side dish. If you are wanting something a little more filling, try making my Greek-Style Lemon Potatoes!
Filled with classic greek flavors like red wine vinegar, cumin, and oregano, this simple marinade has delicious results! Enjoy!
Greek Style Marinated Chicken
- 1.5 lbs boneless skineless chicken breast
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Place the chicken breast on a cutting board and cover with saran wrap. Using a meat mallet or the bottom of skillet, pound until 1/2 inch thick.
- In the bottom of a large bowl or casserole dish, add the olive oil, dijon, red wine vinegar, garlic, lemon juice, dried oregano, cumin, kosher salt, and black pepper. Whisk to combine. Place the chicken into the marinade and let marinade for at least 30 minutes, but preferably for 4-24 hours.
- To grill the chicken, heat grill to medium-high heat, about 400 degrees F. Once hot, grill chicken until cooked through, about 4 minutes per side. Serve alongside the Horiatiki Salad.