- 1/2 bunch of red kale
- 1/2 bunch of green kale
- 2 cups smoked gouda, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups pecans
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. salt
Lemon-Vinaigrette Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1/2 tsp. garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh cracked pepper
1. Remove thick stem from Kale and toss. Loosely chop all of the Kale.
2. Place all of the kale in a large collendar, rinse. Allow kale to air dry by laying on paper towels or spin in a salad spinner.
3. In large serving bowl, add the kale, the smoked gouda and the dried cranberries.
4. Blend dressing ingredients together and whisk. Set aside until 5 minutes before serving.
4. Add the dressing, massage until the kale starts to soften and wilt, 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Once softened, top with the toasted honey pecans and toss the salad once more. Serve immediately.
Toasted Honey Pecan Directions:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Place pecans in an even layer on baking sheet. Roast 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and place in large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tbsp. honey then toss. Now add 1 tsp. salt. Allow to cool, about 5 minutes. Place over kale salad and enjoy!