It’s the holiday season and we are all planning on wowing our guests with delicious, holiday-inspired recipes. You may not think a salad would bring the wow-factor to the table but I can assure you that THIS particular salad will absolutely wow your guests! In fact, it might just be the talk of the table at your gathering!
This delicious kale salad is filled with roasted delicata squash, dried cranberries, pomegranate seeds and tossed in the most outrageously delicious miso dressing. I mean, I might as well just pour this dressing in a martini glass and start sipping away it’s so dang good!
So, as you celebrate with your family, friends, and loved ones this holiday season don’t forget that salad’s can rock, too! 😉
- 1 large delicata squash, scooped out and sliced into 1/2 inch semi-circles
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp white miso paste
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos (or soy sauce)
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 cups shredded “green kale” (or 1 bunch)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sliced delicata squash on the baking sheet and drizzle with the avocado oil, kosher salt, black pepper and cayenne. Toss to coat evenly. Spread the squash into a single layer, making sure that they do not touch (this will allow them to cook evenly and crisp on the edges rather than steam).
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and using tongs, flip each of the squash over on the other side and place back in the oven and continue cooking until they are cook through and slightly crisp on the edges, about 10-15 more minutes.
- Meanwhile, In a food processor or blender, combine all of the miso dressing ingredients and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- When the squash is done cooking, remove from oven.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded kale, pomegranate seeds, and dried cranberries. Pour the miso dressing over the salad and toss for about 3 minutes, working the dressing into the kale to allow it to soften and slightly marinade.
- Add the roasted squash and give it one last gentle toss.
- Serve and enjoy!