One of my most absolute favorite restaurants in Dallas is The GEM Juicebar. It’s truly is a ‘gem’ of a place with delicious, wholesome, and organic smoothies, juices, soups, bites, and more! I am a total regular there, stopping by to get all sorts of goodies all the time when I am in a rush or just wanting to treat myself. One of my favorite things to grab and go is their “MVP Soup”– filled with mushrooms and veggies, it sounds boring but it’s absolutely full of flavor and delicious. It’s also the perfect thing to eat after a crazy vacation or weekend of over indulging (hello, holiday season)! It’s easy on the digestive system and packed full of nourishing veggies. ahh.
I also recently discovered Nom Nom Paleo’s “Magic Mushroom Powder” and my life is forever changed. Talk about a total flavor booster!! She has the recipe on her blog, or you can be lazy like me and buy it at your local Whole Foods Market! It adds a serious savory flavor to dishes that will rock your world. I can’t recommend it enough! It’s taken this healthy, simple detoxifying soup to the next level.
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1/2 medium size yellow onion, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower (or 1 small head), cut into florets
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, cleaned and quartered
- 6 cups bone broth (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- kosher salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 cups baby spinach, packed
- 4 teaspoons Nom Nom Paleo Magic Mushroom Powder (*see note)
- Heat oil in a pot over medium high heat. Add onions, carrots, celery, and a pinch of kosher salt and pepper and saute until veggies are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and mushrooms and saute for a few minutes so that they develop a little more flavor, about 2 more minutes.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to simmer and cover and cook until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the spinach and mushroom powder.
- Using an immersion blender or carefully transfering cooled soup to a blender, blend until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, to taste.
- Serve sprinkled with a little extra mushroom powder and enjoy!