Who doesn’t love a good one pot pasta? I know you guys do because my one-pot hamburger helper is one of the most popular recipes on my blog. Some nights, you just gotta get food on the table for the entire family and this is one that does just that but it also will satisfy your tastes buds and it only uses clean ingredients. And yes, even I eat this one because sometimes a little brown rice pasta is all I want after a long day. If you haven’t heard me say it before, Jovial Brown Rice Pasta is by far my favorite Gluten Free Pasta. The texture is fantastic and it only has 2 ingredients: brown rice flour and water. That’s all. Can’t beat that, huh?
As far as Skillets go, my absolute favorite skillet of all time is my Ballarini Skillet. It’s been a huge game changer for me in my cooking and I truly think that everyone should have one. I’ve tried a lot of non-stick skillets and this is one that works as good as new every single time!! Since they are a favorite of mine, I am doing a fun giveaway on Instagram this week where I am teaming up with Ballarini to giveaway 5 of the 10″ skillets! Be sure to head over to instagram to enter!! YAS.
I encourage you to make this dish for your family this week. I just know they will LOVE it. Enjoy!
- 2 tbsp. olive or avocado oil
- 1 lb. grass beef
- 1/2 onion, diced fine
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp. tomato paste
- 10oz. can Diced Tomatoes & Jalapenos (Rotel or Hatch Brand)
- 12oz. box Jovial Brown Rice Pasta Fusilli Pasta (any fusilli, elbow, or penne pasta works)
- 4 cups chicken broth (for a richer dish, use 2 cups broth + 2 cups milk)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (optional)
- Freshly chopped cilantro
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced Jalapenos
- Sliced Radishes
- Heat oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and onion and brown the beef, breaking it up with the back of a spoon, until it is no longer pink. About 7 minutes.
- Drain excess fat off of the beef if necessary.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and add the tomato paste. Toss to coat evenly.
- Add the pasta, the can of diced tomatoes + jalapenos, and the broth (or milk if using). Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then adjust heat to a slow steady boil, stirring occasionally and cook pasta for 13 minutes.
- Turn off heat and stir in cheese (if using).
- Let stand a few minutes before serving.
- Garnish (optional) with freshly chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeños, and radishes.