Over the last month, my local grocery stores have been stocked with fresh, wildcaught tuna steaks and they have been calling my name! As I was walking through the grocery the other day, I knew I had to get them. I shoved a few other salad ingredients in my cart and the only other idea fluttering around in my head with this salad that sounded good? Pineapples.
This salad dressing is so darn simple yet absolutely delicious! Served over a quick and easy seared tuna salad, you can have a gourmet meal on the table within 20 minutes!! It’s just that easy folks.
If you’ve never seared tuna steaks before, don’t fret. It’s actually very easy and yes, it’s supposed to be undercooked and raw in the center! If you want yours more cooked, be my guest! You’re the one that’s eating it 😉
SHOP THE POST.
- 2 (6oz) filets of Tuna
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 4 cups spring mix lettuce
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions (green part only)
- 1/2 hothouse cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup matchstick carrots
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 cup cubed, ripe pineapple
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small shallot
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Drizzle the tuna steaks with 1 tablespoon, each, of avocado oil.
- In a bowl, combine the kosher salt, black pepper, paprika, cayenne, garlic powder, and the white and black sesame seeds. Stir to combine.
- Rub the spice mixture all over each of the tuna steaks so that they are evenly coated all over.
- Heat a non-stick skillet over high heat. When it is hot, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of avocado oil and swirl the pan so that it is evenly coating the bottom of the skillet.
- Sear the tuna steaks on each side until golden brown, 2 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and let rest for 2 minutes before slicing.
- Serve over a bed of spring greens with the cucumber, scallions, avocado and carrots. Drizzle dressing over the top. Enjoy!