It’s time for another #5ingredientwhole30 recipe and here is a deliciously easy stir-fry for you. Simple, light, yet still satisfying for a weeknight, this stir fry will make your life a whole lot easier!
Spicy Shrimp and Bok Choy Stir Fry
- 1.5 lbs peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 fresno chile, sliced thin (you can use a jalapeno if you can't find)
- 2 heads baby bok choy, cut into 1 inch pieces and rinsed well
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- Heat avocado and toasted sesame oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. When hot, add the shrimp in batches so as to not overcrowd the pan and sear until cook through and golden on each side, 2-3 minutes per side. Transfer cooked shrimp to a clean plate and continue until all of the shrimp is cooked.
- Add the fresno chile, bok choy, and garlic to the wok and cook, stirring, until the bok choy stems are starting to get tender, about 4 minutes.
- Pour in the coconut aminos and continue cooking for 2 more minutes, or when the bok choy stems are tender enough to eat.
- Serve and enjoy!